The Bachelors of Business Administration in Risk Management and Insurance program at The University of Akron trains students to identify, analyze, and manage financial and operational risks that are inherent in both personal and business settings.
Degrees and programs offered:
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Risk Management and Insurance
- Minor in Risk Management and Insurance
- Certificate in Risk Management and Insurance
- Master’s in Business Administration with an emphasis in Risk Management and Insurance
As part of the Finance Department with the College of Business Administration, the Risk Management and Insurance program provides in all functional areas of business, including finance, economics, and accounting. In addition to the rigorous coursework and practical application, students obtain strong problem-solving skills, analytic competencies, computer proficiency, and adeptness in written and oral communication.
This program prepares students in three major areas:
- Insurance company career: Create and service insurance products for individuals and businesses
- Risk management profession: Anticipate possible losses and develop a plan to survive the risks
- Insurance agency work: Sell and service insurance products