In 2015, actuary was the top-ranked job in the United States.* The benefits an actuarial career can offer are hard to surpass — from work environment to employment outlook, from job security to career advancement opportunity, and salary (especially salary) — no wonder an actuarial career is so sought after.
A career in demand, actuaries credentialed by the SOA enjoy even greater resources and opportunities.
When you’re a member of the SOA, you’re backed by the largest actuarial organization, recognized the world over for the strength of our global credentials, the rigor of our pathways and the reach of our network. Together, we work to advance the interests of actuarial professionals around the globe.
Benefits of becoming an actuary with the SOA:
- Ability to play a critical role in business, society and the profession
- Rigorous education that prepares and qualifies individuals for risk management careers
- Global recognition of credentials by employers everywhere
- Backed by the largest actuarial organization in the world, with access to a global network like no other — 25,000 members in 78 countries and growing
- Exposure to different practice areas before having to make a specialty decision
- Extensive professional development resources and range of opportunities
- Career-long learning and advancement programs
- Volunteer opportunities to sharpen professional and leadership skills
Get one step closer to a rewarding career as an SOA member. Learn more at soa.org/impact
- Download our education overview flyer
- Watch actuaries speak about the profession
- Learn more about SOA credentials
- Subscribe to SOA Candidate Connect e-Newsletter
Sign up to learn more about the SOA and its credentials
*“The Best Jobs of 2015.” CareerCast.com