4350 N. Fairfax Drive
The CAS focuses on supporting casualty actuaries who are committed to achieving their full professional potential while maintaining the highest standards of conduct and competence.
The purposes of the Casualty Actuarial Society are:
- to advance the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to general insurance, including property, casualty and similar risk exposures;
- to expand the application of actuarial science to enterprise risks and systemic risks;
- to establish and maintain standards of qualification for membership;
- to promote and maintain high standards of conduct and competence;
- to increase the awareness of actuarial science;
- and to contribute to the well being of society as a whole.
The CAS offers a free student membership program called CAS Student Central (www.CASstudentcentral.org) for students interested in pursuing an actuarial career. Membership benefits include complimentary webinars, invitations to networking events, and access to an online community containing news and resources.